Vascular vein removal
At CosMedik we can successfully remove those painful, unsightly and unnecessary spider veins. We do this using laser or sclerotherapy.
Come and see us at CosMedik to see whether Laser or Sclerotherapy can help you get the youthful legs you want.
The Laser is an excellent method of spot treating larger facial or leg veins. With the laser, we customize your treatment to delivery precise dosages of energy to target the vein without damaging the surrounding skin. The energy is absorbed by the vein causing thermal coagulation of the blood in the vessel. Over a short period of time the vessel is absorbed by the body. One treatment is often sufficient, but multiple treatments may be necessary.
Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure used to treat varicose veins and “spider veins.” During sclerotherapy, the physician injects a solution directly into the affected vein. The solution irritates the lining of the vessel, causing it to swell and stick together. Over time, the vessel turns into scar tissue that fades from view. Sclerotherapy is a well-proven procedure and has been used since the 1930s
Laser treatment advantages:
- Spider veins on the face (laser treatments are considered to be the optimal way of treating spider veins on the face)
- People with a fear of needles
- People allergic to the chemical used in sclerotherapy
- Treatment of areas with patches made up of many tiny blood vessels (known as telangiectatic matting)
- Treatment of certain other kinds of spider veins too small to be injected
- Low pain thresholds (because sclerotherapy is generally less painful than surface laser therapy)
- Darker skin (because some types of lasers produce light at wavelengths that can cause discoloration in people with darker or tanned skin)
Rejuvenating looking skin
The number of treatments depends on the size of the vein and how your skin reacts. Smaller veins respond more quickly to treatment, which lasts between 10 and 30 minutes.